This time around, sure, I'm excited. I'm going to be super happy to meet this new mystery person. But this time I have a way better idea about how it's going to be, so for now, I'm just enjoying these last several weeks as a parent of one.
I've made a list of things to really appreciate in the next 6 (or however many long) weeks. I strive to think about these things often, because soon enough, they will be gone. Sure, they will be back... but goodness knows after how long!
1. Sleep! Aias sleeps all night long. I sleep all night long. Well, except for peeing every hour (thanks baby bump).
2. No diapers! Aias does the whole toileting thing on his own. No diapers for me.
3. No diaper BAG. We do cloth diapers, and even though we use nice, flat, contoured pre-folds, we have to carry a pretty big diaper bag.
4. No breast feeding! Aias is weaned, so I get to keep my boobs in my bra all day long.
5. Taking a bath, using the computer, doing my hair. Yeah.
I'm super excited to meet my baby, but I know that this time will fly and before I know it, I'll be a mom of two. Until then, I am feeling very patient and just enjoying life with a 4-year-old.
Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs!