The following is an account of one day in the life of Aias Jeffrey Dalman. On this pretty average Friday, I was 3 months 1 week and 4 days old. It's VERY DETAILED!!!
Note: Lots of nursing pictures! It's how babies eat, not sexual! We are happy and comfortable with it and we hope that someday everyone will feel comfortable with it and more babies will be breast fed.
1. Good Morning!!! It's 8:45 am and I've been awake for about 20 minutes. I had my morning helping of Bewb while mommy got a few extra minutes of sleep in, and then she hopped up to get the camera. From the picture, you'd think I sleep between mommy and daddy... don't worry, I don't. I just hog the bed unbelievably. See that space on the left by my crib? I should be sleeping there. Instead, I want to be here, with mommy on her side to the right, and daddy hanging off the bed. That's how I roll.
2. First thing's first... time for a new bum!!!
Click here to keep reading about the rest of my day! LOTS of pictures!
3. Well, only after I nom my hand for a few minutes...
4. Alright, get this thing off me!
5. That's MUCH better!
6. Daddy usually works in an office, but he's working from home for two weeks since it is the Olympics. Since he's already gone upstairs to his home office to work, I'm going to chill in my bouncer and play with my toys while mommy takes her shower.
7. She gets 5 minutes!!! Literally!!!
8. Now it's time for me to get some clothes on.
9. And socks and Babylegs
10. I'll wear this today
11. After I'm dressed we head into the living room. Everything we need is here! We used to have a coffee table but exersaucer > coffee table. When the Pack and Play arrives, the table may get the boot too.
12. I decide I'm ready for more bewb, please!
13. Mommy checks her internets while I milk out
14. When I'm done I like to chill out here for a few...
15. ...because my hands are a tasty dessert!
16. My dog, Monsieur, is ready to poop, so it's time to walk him. This means I have to go in the Moby wrap, which I used to hate but now I'm getting used to it.
17. It's hard to get a good shot of me in this thing!
18. Mom puts her old maternity sweatshirt over the Moby to keep me warm. It fits perfectly over me in the wrap! She puts her keys in one pocket and a poop bag in the other.
19. We step out the door and mom can see that the clean diapers have arrived; she will deal with those later...
20. ....because Monsieur wants to pee very badly!
21. Bye bye warm house!
22. Good thing I have my hat from Monny (my grandma) on to keep me warm, because Monsieur takes forever to pick a spot to poop
23. Those two buildings are Lofts where artists live and have studios. We walk past them first.
24. Then we take a left...
25. ...and head down this way
26. We take another left at the end of the block...
27. ...and another...
28. And a right, and we are almost back where we started. If you look closely you can see our green house in the distance.
29. When we get home I'm asleep, so I will nap here while mommy...
30. ... makes a mad dash to fold and put away the diapers while I sleep!
31. She finishes!!!
32. She decides to try and get dinner in the crock pot too. Usually I help her with this by chilling out in the Moby. Tonight they are having smoked sausage and split pea soup. All you need is 2L of broth (we used Organic Stock with no added preservatives), 450 grams of yellow split peas, 450 grams of organic gluten free smoked sausage, 1.5 cups of carrots chopped, 2 medium potatoes chopped, 1 cup of celery chopped, 3 cloves of garlic chopped, and one onion chopped. Put into crock pot, stir, cook on high for 7 hours.
33. Wow it's all good to go and I'm still napping!
34. HA! Something has woken me...
35. BLECH it was this diaper poopsplosion!!!!
36. Ahhhh much better!!!! (Yeah it's pink, I I know!)
37. Even better. Note that the rainbow BabyLegs were a casualty of the poopsplosion.
38. We're about to leave the house on a mission, so mommy plops ,me in here so she can take her vitamins and have some stevia drink .
39. All kinds of crap in there...
40. I'm going to be doing this trip in my travel system. Don't worry, the straps would b tighter if we were actually going in a car. We aren't.
41. Um, mom, hat please?
42. Alright, we are ready to go., but we enlist the help of daddy since the stairs and doorway are a pain in the ass.
43. Bye dad!
44. I clutch my rings and we shove off!
45. We go on long walks everyday, but today we also have a mission. It's been sunny lately so I need sunglasses!
46. We walk to the corner (we are one house in from the corner) and go left. You can see Olympic Village/Science World/Main Street from here.
47. We continue down the road. Normally we just go up Main Street for stuff, or up to 5th and then down to the corner of Cambie and Broadway to explore but mommy is unsure of where we will go today. She thinks maybe Kitsilano or Granville Island. There are never really any people on 2nd usually...
48. ....other than some radio/tv stations, a few places to eat, and some boring places, but the Olympics are happening...
49. ...so tourists are everywhere!
50. Everything is blocked off and being protected by the Po-po erm, RCMP...
51. That's where the Opening Ceremonies were held.
52. A Party Store
53. See, this really isn't a happening area =P
54. We finally arrive at the Canada Line, which is the new Skytrain line. We can either get on the bus or shuttle to Granville Island at this point, walk up Cambie to our regular area, or get on the bus to Kitsilano.
55. Mommy sees a crapload of tourists lining up for Granville Island, so Kitsilano wins!
56. We get on the bus, and we can't believe that we are on the crappiest bus in the entire city. We figure that's because no tourists are going to Kitsilano =P Oh well. This bus is one of the old ones that have steps, but a cute Aussie in a suit helps us lift the stroller onto the bus.
57. We arrive in Kits a few minutes later. Bye Bye Bus!
58. It's pretty quiet here...
59. ...obviously the tourists haven't found this neighborhood yet!
60. Which is weird, because the beach is just a few blocks away!
61. Now, where will we find some sunglasses? There are a few baby stores on West 4th (Kitsilano/Kits), such as Hip Baby, Crocodile Baby, and TJs...
62. ...but first mommy needs some freaking food! You'll notice that breakfast didn't exactly make it on the schedule this morning. We go into Capers to see if anything on the salad bar looks good.
63. No dice... what a rip off! We decide to go to Subway because it only costs $6 for a sandwich, drink, cookie, and chips.... all things that Daddy would NEVER eat with us, so we try to do this once or twice a month when we are out on our walks. Any more often than that and we'd just get fat(ter).
64. I'm completely passed out sleeping at this point. Mommy grabs yesterday's Metro to read and gets ready to nom her sandwich. Before having me she couldn't tolerate gluten very well at all; but during pregnancy she caved in on her cravings, and now she doesn't get as sick from it. Probably why she hasn't gotten down to her pre-baby weight!
65. When she's done eating we go into Crocodile Baby.
We don't take any pictures inside Crocodile Baby because they are weird about it. We think they are kind of weird in there so we go to Hip Baby instead, where we buy a pair of blue Baby Banz. We don't take pictures because we forget to =P
We then walk alllllll the way to 4th and McDonald to go to TJs, where I have some more Bewb and.....
66. I get a new bum!
67. They probably can hear the flash going off in here and think my mom is insane!
68. Now we are ready to roll! We are going to walk up to broadway and just walk home from there. It's only a few miles and my mom could use the extra exercise to burn off that cookie and chips.
69. The walk is long and we won't bore you with pictures of it, but here is a really cool picture of the mountains from Broadway. I'm not sure what road this is, but I think it's past Burrard.
70. When we get home it's time for another nom-fest, because I'm really...
71. ...really hungry!
72. When I'm done, I like to chill on my tummy...
73. ...because my mom...
74.... is in UR farm zfertilizing UR Cropz!
75. Yep. I pooped AGAIN (don't worry, no poopsplosion shot this time!)
76. Instead you get a cheeky bumshot!
77. Now it's time to playyy! First we play in my exersaucer, which is new. I only like it for about 10 minutes and only if mom plays with me. Maybe when I'm older I'll be more independent.
78. Next, my favorite: the Jolly Jumper!!! Mom sits with me and teaches me to bounce. Daddy comes down to play too since this thing cracks him up.
79. Mom still has laundry to fold from yesterday, so I have to get out of the Jolly Jumper now. She tries to put me in the Moby but I promptly tell her to keep dreaming...
80. ... so I just nom on these guys instead.
81. I watch from here
82. Slowly progress is made...
83. This poor guy lost his buddy; the dog is in custody for questioning.
84. Almost all of the covers are clean, other than the ones I destroyed today.
85. And all our stuff is hung!! Mommy keeps her normal clothes rotation in my closet since she can't find time to run upstairs on a daily basis.
86. Now Mommy and daddy want to eat, but I don't want mommy to eat with two hands... that would be too easy. I want to eat WHILE she eats!!!
87. And I want to itch my head like a monkey!
88. AAAAAND I keep at it
89. So much that I need to go to the other side. Mom plays Farmville...
90. While I go to the other side (it's my night bewb since the crib is on that side)
91. Mom tries to put me down but I want MORE PLZ
92. I get into my jammies and chill for a bit
93. I'm fighting off sleep!
94. I just want to sit right here thanks
95. AND it's now like 10:30. SRSLY. I'm not tired!!
96. Mom looks like hell but I'm still not tired!!!
97. Dad comes downstairs and we all watch Muppet Babies haha
98. I'm still wide awake so we will play more freaking Farmville! Mom makes all the animals make noises for me and I think it's hilarious!!!
99. Being awake makes me hungryyyyy...
101. Yep, still asleep! I may be out for the night!
102. Mom puts me in the swing while she gets ready for bed.
103. And that's a wrap!